Friday, September 12, 2008

DO YOU THINK HOMESCHOOLERS SHOULD GET HOMEWORK?

I am home schooled and I get assigned homework. I think that since we are home schooled, I do not believe we need to do class work and do homework too. I think that is wrong and so not right. LOL! I think I will officially call this situation, “Anti-Homework.”

My mom says we need to do homework, so that we can take what we learn in class and we can show it again on what seems to be 10 homework pages. LOL! I think we should not have homework if we are home schooled. I would rather go outside or play my game boy color for the rest of the day.

Do you think homeschoolers should get homework?

7 comments:

MARGARETE said...

I do not give homework BUT do as your mom says! LOL!!

Kellan said...

I'm going to agree with you - sorry mom. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, because my kids all go to public school, but I think it would be okay if you are home schooled and you didn't get homework - really.

Take care - Kellan

:)De said...

Sorry Jeffrey! I am glad you were able to express your feelings about homework, but you know what I always say, "You don't have to like doing it... in fact..." LOL!

Love ya,
Mom

MOM #1 said...

Hi! I popped over from your Mom's blog.

So far I haven't had to assign any homework, thankfully.

Sorry your Mom thinks you need it, but you know that Moms are always right. Even when we're wrong, we're right. LOL.

Good luck this school year.

:)De said...

LOL

Elspeth said...

Mother knows best! And if you are homeschooled anyway, is it really homework, or just more classwork, lol?

Anonymous said...

My oldest is in 2nd grade, so this may change as my kids get older, but I don't assign homework; although my daughter does do independent work just about every day. My kids get LOTS of playtime--more so than if they were in an institutional school setting. Maybe you could write a letter to the school board in your home and maybe that could be sort of a government field study/project!